Luxor and the Valley of the Kings
Tour time: 4:30 — 22:00
Tour days: everyday
- Best Price Guarantee
- Book in just 1 minute
- Fast booking confirmation
4.30 am Departure from the hotel. One way trip will take about 4.5 hours. 9:00 Arrival in the Nile Valley and seeing the real life of Egypt. 10:00 Arrival in Luxor. Upon arrival in Luxor, the first part of the program "City of the Living" begins, which is located on the east bank of the Nile. Visit the Temple of Karnak short is the largest architectural structure of the ancient world and one of the largest temple complexes in the world. Karnak temple was built by more than one pharaoh and even more than one dynasty, about 30 pharaohs contributed to the creation of the complex, adding temples, pylons, chapels and obelisks dedicated to the gods of Thebes. Karnak temple consists of three large structures, several smaller temples located within the main area. Lunch in a buffet restaurant (drinks not included).
Then you will go by boat on the Nile to the west bank to the city of the dead, where you will have the second part of the program. West Bank visits and Valley of the Dead. First you are met by the Colossi of Memnon, two huge statues 18 meters high and weighing more than 700 tons each. Drive through the valley of the dead and visit the temple of Queen Hatshepsut. The main architectural feature of this monumental building is 3 terraces located one above the other, each of which housed an open courtyard, covered rooms with pilasters and sanctuaries hidden in the depths of the mountain. Hatshepsut is one of the most famous figures in the history of ancient Egypt. The history of ancient Egypt mentions her as the Iron Ruler. A visit to the Valley of the Kings is a rocky gorge in Egypt, where tombs for the pharaohs, as well as a number of their high-ranking officials and relatives, were built during the New Kingdom period. After that, you will have a walk along the Nile River with a visit to Banana Island (optional for an additional fee - $ 10). End of tour and return trip. 22:00 return to the hotel.
- Transfer from the hotel and back
- English-speaking tour guide-Egyptologist
- Entrance fees to all mentioned attractions
- Visit to the Karnak Temple with a English-speaking Egyptologist Guide
- Visiting the Colossi of Memnon with a English-speaking Egyptologist Guide
- Visiting the temple of the female pharaoh Hatshepsut with a English-speaking Egyptologist Guide
- Visit Valley of the Kings
- Lunch at a restaurant in Luxor
- Visiting Banana Island (optional for an additional fee - $ 10)
Take with you:
- Morning snack (at the hotel reception, explain that you are going on an excursion early in the morning and you need to prepare breakfast to go (lunch box), hotels will provide this service for free);
- Money for personal expenses and souvenirs;
- Comfortable shoes;
- Warm clothes for the road (in winter).